Connecting to the game
You can connect to God Wars II using telnet, but your experience will be much more enjoyable if you download a client. (This is especially true if you are running Windows XP.) To get a simple mud client, you can download GMud from our server - it is a small self-extractor ZIP file that already comes with the connection settings (see installation instructions below).
Alternately, if you download another client, or if you already have a preferred client, you can use the following settings to connect:
If you want to download and run GMud for the first time, follow the instructions below:
- Click on the download GMud link.
- Extract the program to a directory of your choice.
- Navigate to the directory. You will see a file named 'gmud' or 'gmud.exe'.
- Doubleclick the file and the program will start up.
- Click on the 'File' menu, then on 'Connect'.
- Select the predefined God Wars II connection from the list and click the 'Connect' button.
You are connected to the game, but not sure what to do next? You can simply follow the hints, read the help files (type 'help <topic>' in game), or refer to the New Player's Guide here on the web site. And if you have any questions, there is usually somebody around to ask.